Friday 20 April 2012

The Battle of the lip products!


I have been waiting far too long for this post! After trying to save money and avoid drug stores for a couple of weeks, I finally gave in - My purse isnt too happy!

Unless you're living on Mars, I'm pretty sure you know about the hype surrounding the Revlon Lip Butters. I really wanted them to live up to the hype, however I did have a mixed experience with this product. At first I was so disappointed with the Revlon lip butter in Tutti Frutii - I think I expected them to feel a lot more moisturising then they were. However since giving them another chance and trying peach parfait my opinions have changed massively. I would say these feel more like a lipstick than a balm (am I just insane but are they glittery?!) They still aren't my favourite product but if I feel the need for a more pigmented colour, these would be my go to product.


Newer on the market are Loreal Rouge Caresse lipstick's. I'll start by saying I love these. They feel less like a lipstick and more like a balm (Which is exactly what I'm after!) Considering I've been using 'Sweet berry' pretty much every day since I brought it a month ago and the amount in the tube hasn't gone down that much. By far my favourite lip product - Ever.


Packaging wise, these both look pretty damn hot - More like high end than high street!
At first I was planing to do product reviews in this post - However I feel like these all deserve posts of there own so this is my little 'round up'. If you're like me and more of a lip gloss/balm girl - stick with Loreal. But the lip butters are great if your looking for a less heavy lip product!
(Lip Products shown; Revlon's lip butter in 'tutti frutti' and loreal's Rouge Caresse lipstick in 'sweet berry')


No comments:

Post a Comment