Saturday 7 July 2012

Wake me up foundation in ivory

When I heard that good old wilko's was selling Rimmel's latest offering 'Wake me up' foundation for just £4.99 - I suddenly needed it in my life. After all everyone seemed to be branding it 'amazing' after its release and comparing it to more expensive bands.
The store had run out of testers and I was in a rush, so I just picked up the lightest shade the stand had to offer 'Ivory'. The foundation has some pretty impressive claims: 'Our first foundation that visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and flawless, natural looking finish instant anti-fatigue effect, With preptides and a vitamin mosituring complex'
The first thing I noticed is the amount of shimmer in the the foundation when I first tested it on my arm which I guess is where the 'Radiant glow' claim came from. I found it to be quite messy (hints the amount of foundation which made it onto the bottle in the above image) The shade its self was too dark for me and plain orange when I applied it to my face.

I really wanted to love this foundation and have a feeling I would have done if Rimmel made a paler shade. You can pick this up at Superdrug or Boots for £8.99 (currently on offer in Boots for £6.99) or you can find it at Wilkinsons for just £4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment