Friday 7 September 2012

How much is my face worth?


Generally I'm not a huge fan of 'tags', I mean in the form a video I quite like them - but endless rows of Q&A style writing on a blog post? No thank you! This is the first 'Taggy' post I've done here on my blog because I'm pretty eager to know myself how much it actually costs me to get ready in the morning. I pride myself on being pretty careful with my money (I was going to say cheap there, haha) so I do not expect mine to be anywhere near all of these £100+ faces that have been doing the rounds. How I wear my make up changes far too much, So I thought I'd show you guys exactly what I wore to my lessons today although it changes depending on my mood/how late I'm running.


Although I only brought them a week ago, I'm loving both the powder and mousse foundation from Maybelline and have been getting plenty of use out of them both (expect reviews soon). As normal I have my trusty witch primer, as well as my new favourite blush from Revlon - I also used my Chit Chat highlighting concealer  Which I forgot to photograph!

Face total = 31.64



On an every day basis I'm never too over the top with my eyes, Because If I'm really honest I would rather just sleep for longer than have the chance to show off with my lack of eye make up skills. Like today, most of the time I reach for one of my MUA Palette's (I try to change these weekly to insure I use them all) I've really found myself abusing shade one of the undressed palette this week!

Eyes Total = 10.98



I often forget about my lips when I'm in a rush - But luckily today I started at 11 (I love my timetable!) So I had the chance to put some of my favourite lip products to use!

Lips Total = £10.98


Grand Total = £53.60

To be fair the amount I've spent is probably far less than my total because I did find a lot of this stuff on offer (Like 2 for £10 and maybelline, half price witch and finding bargains in the pound shop!) Saying that I'm rather pleased with the fact the RRP of my face is just over £50 - Some people manage that on just two products!

On a final note, Thank you to all of you that entered my giveaway - It was lovely to see so many of you enter! A big congratulations to the winner (who I will be contacting over twitter), I really enjoyed hosting it and hopefully I'll be able to do one again in the future!  


22 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying reading this tag, it's interesting to see how much other bloggers make-up totals up to! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt help myself from doing it for myself! I love your blog btw :) xx

      Delete
  2. I think this has to be one of my favourite tags! I will definitely get round to doing this on my blog :) I found you through the bbloggers blog hop & I am now following your blog :D I would love it if you could check out mine beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk thanks lovely!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to see how much you actually spend! Thank you! Checking it out now lovely xx

      Delete
  3. Heey Summer, Im Perdi/Perdita! I saw your blog on the blog hop and love it, followed and everything ;) ! My blog is watermelonraindropx.blogspot.com, be great if you can check it out?

    I really want to try the maybelline mouse foundation, any chance u can do a full review on it? ahh i love the MUA palette, have it myself and can't STOP using it hehe

    Perdi @ WatermelonRaindropX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, Thank you! Checking yours out now :)
      I'll be doing a review soon, Its a pretty new product to me so I want to give myself a good chance to get an idea of it. So far its great! xx

      Delete
  4. I like reading this tag quite a bit! Which shade is the Revlon blush? I have one in Petal and I really should use it more - I keep forgetting about it! The Maybelline mousse foundation was one of the first foundations I ever bought (if not the first), and I quite like it though I've moved onto liquid foundations now (and I think I bought a shade too dark for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have petal too, Opps I forgot to add that!
      I really like the foundation so far - All I've used lately is BB creams so its a nice change xx

      Delete
  5. MUA Undressed palette is awesome! Worth so much more than it's £4 tag. Really like the colour of that Natural Collection lip gloss, might have to raid the boots points :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog :).

    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a follow or a nosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I'll be sure to check yours too :) xxx

      Delete
  7. It's nice to see a blogger that's used 'drugstore' (I hate that term) products rather than high end ones. I've seen so many of these tags that have mounted up to £100+ ,which has put me off doing my own due to knowing mine will be around the £50 mark, but I think I will now :)

    I found you on the #bbloggers blog hop :)

    Kelsey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of what the high street has to offer! I look forward to seeing yours xx

      Delete
  8. I really want to get that MUA palette, I've heard so many good things about it! And I think Maybelline do great foundations, too. Also really glad I've found your blog from the blog hop, found so many lovely new ones to read! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try - Especially with it being so cheap!
      I think Maybelline were the first foundations I tried and I still love them.
      Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  9. Great post! I love seeing what products other people use (so nosey!). I've just totalled my "face" up in my head and it's just under £20 - I don't wear eyeshadow or lip gloss on a daily basis though, so that keeps my cost down! I also use a tinted moisturiser rather than foundation, so that's cheaper too :) I'm following you through the #bbloggers blog hop! x
    http://caznpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good nose into what over people are using too! I used to be like that, but now I have so many products I figured I should use them haha. I was using the Nivea Tinted Moisturiser - But after a while I realised it wasn't doing my skin much good and gave it too my sister. And thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  10. I love this tag. You have a really lovely blog.
    You can get the Skyscraper in Poundland now as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and thank you so much :)
      I think I may have to stock up! xxx

      Delete
  11. i love these tags they are so interesting to find out how much everyones face costs xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete