Tuesday 26 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

Unless you've been living under a rock I'm pretty sure you've seen a review or two on Rimmel's Apocalips. I wasn't originally going to post my own because of that, but since my views on these do seem to differ from many people's I figured I'd get them out there. I searched so many Boots stores back then they had the 3 for 2 deal to find the shades I wanted and ended up settling on Galaxy, Celestial and Eclipse despite really wanting to try Nova. 
I do quite like the packaging of these and love how the applicator goes inwards to collect the product, although I have seen many complain about how they pick up too much and it gets messy! To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the colour range, currently there are eight shades in the collection. I feel like the majority of those are quite bold colours and there are a lack of everyday shades, but that said I am happy with the shades I did pick up. As I'm sure you've all heard these are amazingly pigmented which I definitely feel is one of there strong points and after a while the glossiness transforms to a stain. I think there are a lack of these types of products on the high street so was excited for these, but once the gloss began to fade I just found these drying. 
I figured I'd talk through the shades I own individually, Galaxy is the boldest shade I own by far, But Personally I love purple shades against my pale skin! I tend to wear a toned down version of the way I'm wearing it below overwise I just feel like it gets way too messy. For some reason this is the only one I own with some kind of glitter running through it but I feel like that adds to the shade.
I'm constantly hearing that Celestial is 'so easy to wear' but personally I think its a little bright for that, It's no where near a natural colour but that said I do quite like the shade on my lips!
Lastly is my favourite of the bunch nude eclipse - It just so happens to be my perfect nude and I really enjoy wearing it. It's one of those shades that you dont have to think about because its so natural but no where near concealer lips!
Overall I do think these are good products, but as always with hyped up products I feel a little disappointed in them. Saying that I would happily buy more if they extended the colour range and there was a new shade I liked. You can pick these up for £5.99 in Boots.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to get nude eclipse x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so nice.. Especially the nude one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have celestial, love it! Think I want nude eclipse now though x

    ReplyDelete