Wednesday 20 March 2013

How I cover up facial redness

When faced with the problem of redness I know so many people who will just slap the foundation on, while this seems like quite a logical idea a lot of the time the redness still peeps through. Personally I hate foundations with a high coverage anyway, so when faced with this problem myself last week I developed a routine for combating the redness on my face without caking the make up on and thought Id sure if with you guys who may be suffering from similar problems.

Firstly I prep my skin with Witch's anti-blemish redness relief moisturiser, any primer will do the trick although I find using a green moisturiser just automatically helps get rid of some of the redness and just gives a great base. Next I make a grab for Natural Collections Green Concealer which I think is fantastic! I hate that green concealers aren't really marketed that well as they're a complete lifesaver for me. Everytime I recommend this to a friend they look at me oddly for a while before repeating the word green to me like I'm mad, but everyone of those friends I've told to get this has been left amazed! This concealer just helps get rid of any excess redness on the skin before using a foundation, My current one is Rimmels Match perfection which is a little dark for me but blends like a dream. Next I take my Collection concealer  which I will tap into any blemishes still peeping through the foundation, I find this is the most effective method of applying this concealer to target areas and like my foundation it blends into my skin really well. Lastly I find that setting all of that work just really helps the make up to stay in place for longer - Im currently using MUA's pressed powder  with my ecotools brush which does the job really well. 
Bottom-Top: Witch anti-blemish redness relief mosituriser, Natural Collection Green concealer, Rimmel Match perfection in Ivory, Collection lasting perfection concealer in fair and MUA pressed powder in shade one.

I'd love to hear how you guys deal with redness and if you have any tips or tricks! Personally I cant stress the importance of a green concealer enough, I found mine for just £1.99 in Boots.

8 comments:

  1. really great post, I hate my red cheeks and am guilty of slapping on the foundation and powder to hide it. You're completely right that some of the redness always does come through, so think colour correcters are a good choice. I'll have to pick up the Natural Collection green concealer thanks for the recommendation x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovey, I hope the concealer works for you xx

      Delete
  2. I have this foundation but I find that it is also too dark for me :( But I will definitely give the green concealer a go! xxx

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a shame, but I think they have since brought out some lighter shades! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I need to get hold of that witch cream - I have such red cheeks and it always comes through :(. I wish affordable green concealers, or just colour correction products in general, were marketed more in the UK too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've change the packaging since but they should still sell it!
      I've never understood the lack of marketing here! Im just happy that The Natural Collection have a lovely one xx

      Delete
  4. I use quite a few of these too! I am going to try the natural collection green concealer it sounds great! xo
    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete