Sunday 30 March 2014

Soap & Glory's Solar Powder

I've been meaning to post a full review of this product since featuring it in my favourites  last year. I'd probably go as far to say its my 'holy grail' bronzer as I've literally not bothered with another one since! I've always been a huge fan of Soap & Glory, So when they finally released a make up line I was really excited to try their products and ended up with this Solar powder bronzer along with an extremely neglected highlighter.
Being ridiculously pale I've always been sceptical of bronzing products, Although when S&G had a 2 for £15 offer on their products I couldn't say no and finally caved. Despite the fact that half of this product looks a little 'glowy', I find that this is a perfect contour on my skin and actually looks really natural on. Soap & Glory's Solar Powder bronzer comes with two sections, while one side is darker and pretty matte, the other is slightly lighter on the skin and comes with a bit of a shimmer too it, although personally I find if I swirl these together with my brush it creates the perfect contour shade.
Despite liking the overall look of the product, I initially thought the packaging was a bit of a joke physically. Being cardboard I didnt have high hopes for it remaining in a good condition for too long. Although I can reveal this baby has survived months of me throwing it around in my make up bag, airplane trips and even the gurling three hour drive back to my house from my university halls. Yet the extremely weak looking bit of cardboard connecting the top and bottom of the product remains intact making me a very happy girl! I also love the fact that this has a mirror which is awfully useful if you're on the go!
Below I've demonstrated the look of the bronzer using just the left side of the product, the right side, then both sides together. As you can see while the shimmer seems intensified when just using the right side alone it appears less obvious in the last swatch were both sides appear together.
Overall I adore this product, and will happily replace it if this ever runs out! You can pick it up for £11 here over at Boots (although its currently on 3 for 2!)

4 comments:

  1. This looks lovely but quite pricey

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily boots tend to have lots of offers :) xx

      Delete
  2. oh I think ill have to try this, im ridiculously pale and find it hard to find bronzers

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it works wonders on my skin, I couldnt be without it now :) xx

      Delete