Wednesday 23 July 2014

Disappointing Products..


One of my favourite types of posts to read are 'disappointing products', so thought today I would share mine. I found it really hard to find disappointing products in my collection, mainly because I went back and tested them all again to insure that they belonged in this post and I really changed my opinions on some of them! At the end of the process I was left with these five and here's why they disappointed me.

Dove Dry Shampoo (£4.59/200ml)  - I searched high and low for this dry shampoo after hearing so much about it but as I mentioned in my Dry Shampoo round up  this stuff just does nothing my hair and quite frankly was a waste of both time and money.
Too Faced Better than sex mascara (£19.00) - I got this mascara in a beauty box and expected to love it as every review I've seen has been extremely positive. Although If I'm being completely honest this is just a slightly better than average mascara, and I have ones a quarter of the price from the high street which give my lashes a similar effect. I'm not saying this mascara is all bad, in fact it does have some good points for example the shape of it allows me to coat every lash and it doesn't leave your lashes feeling stiff. I do really like it, but If I'm spending nearly £20 on such a hyped mascara I expect the wow factor! Something this just didnt deliver for me. I also found that on a hot day I've ended up with bits of black under my eyes, which isn't my ideal look!

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Rose Hip (£3.99) - I've tried four other Gelly nail paints and completely adored them, although Rose Hip just doesn't match up. I've tried using this on two separate occasions now and have found it so streaky! This just doesn't work for me, which is a shame because the shade in the bottle looks so pretty.
Sleek Face Form in fair (£9.99)  - I've seen so many people rate this palette as amazing for pale skin, but as I discussed in my Contour wars post, The bronzer in this is just miles too dark for anyone as pale as me  meaning I hardly use this palette at all. It's a shame since I'd been after this palette for such a long time and figured it would be great for traveling.

Topshop Lip Bullet in 'There she goes' (£8.00) - I have a feeling I swatched a different shade instore/ or the lighting tricked me as there is no way I would have picked 'There she goes'. This is just an awful shimmery pink shade which has made it on the disappointing products post purely because of the shade.

There you have it, five products which have disappointed me. Do you have any disappointing products of your own? PS. This is the first post I've written since reaching 500 Bloglovin' followers over the weekend so would like to say a massive thank you to each and every one of you! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not overly impressed with the mascara either. Gets quite clumpy on me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who has a problem with it. I think it was the fact that it was so hyped which left me disappointed with it - I just expected more! x

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you about the dove , it did nothing for my hair either was like I used nothing at all :(
    Melissa || My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed after hearing so much about it! xx

      Delete
  3. love a disappointing products post! the dove dry shampoo works fine on my hair, but it's such a shame about the lip bullet! i have a few of them and adore them, but went for less shimmery shades

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia coat worth £80 in my little giveaway, click here!

    ReplyDelete