Monday 1 September 2014

Back to school beauty!

back to school makeup
Since today officially marks the start of September, I figured I'd kick the month off with a back to school make up post. Personally my school was pretty strict when It came to make up, so I've gone for a more natural look which involves just five products (perfect if you're a little lazy like me!).

Face - I know not every girl is confident leaving the house bare faced, which is why I've included this super cheap Osiris BB Cream I found in body care for just a pound! (although I can only find it online for £3.99 here). I just love using this on my skin as it gives me a lovely glow and just really helps to blur those imperfections, without looking like I'm wearing a face full of make up! This is a complete winner in my book, and an essential no girl should be without! Although sometimes BB cream alone just isn't enough on bad skin days, which is why I've included this £2.50 Essence concealer, to help cover up any imperfections still coming through. I feel like this is definitely one of the better concealers on the highstreet and will be reviewing very soon!

Eyes - I feel like filled in brows could be a little too much for school days, so I've simply added this clear mascara from MUA to help tame them! I use this on a daily basis and think it does a wonderful job, best of all its just a pound! Next I considered lashes, although personally mascara can be quite a big giveaway that you're wearing make up and a more natural looking one is the way to go. I've picked an Essence one which isn't too in your face, I would however recommend a brown mascara if you're looking for an even more natural look.. I just don't happen to own one!

Lips - Finally I've picked a natural looking tinted lip balm to keep your lips hydrated though out the day. This is peach kiss from the Babylips line and just acts as a really lovely 'my lips but better shade'

So there you have it, my back to school make up picks! Are there any products you would add or remove from this list?

18 comments:

  1. I have Peach Kiss and it is perfect for school! I also find the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is an essential if you have oily skin. I really like these kind of posts :) Xx
    www.littlemissbeautyonabudget.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must add the mua clear mascara to my wishlist! Babylips are lovely for school :)
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baby lips I have the one in cherry me and I used to wear it to college none stop x

    www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats my favourite one! I love the smell! x

      Delete
  4. I've just bought the Essence Concealer and it's brilliant considering how cheap it is xx

    Gemma ~ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Babylips. The shades are so prettu and they are inexpensive. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope we get more shades, I love them too! x

      Delete
  6. The Essence concealer sounds great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a wonderful product, Cheap as chips too :) xx

      Delete
  7. For me personally, I really dislike wearing mascara that is coloured and always wear clear mascara just to tidy and lengthen my own lashes. If I could have worn eyeliner at school, I would have totally added that to this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend giving the MUA one a whirl! And Me too, although I'm sure my school would have handed me a wipe for that! x

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to read the Essence concealor review, it looks like a great product and we could definitely do with some more drugstore concealors :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a move on, Its a fab product I dont know how I still havent reviewed it! x

      Delete