Saturday 27 September 2014

Home: Blaze On Fairy Lights

 As a few of you may know, I moved nearly three weeks ago now so expect this to be the first of many home themed posts I have up my sleeve, as I have developed quite the obsession with homeware! One of my favourite was to achieve that homey feel is with the use of lighting. In particular I have an abundance of candles and fairy lights scattered around my room although today I'm going to share with you my favourite and most recent addition from Blaze On. I was recently sent these Sun Star and Moon lights (£27.50/20 lights) * to review which have proved a huge hit with my housemates since I put them up last week.
I reviced the white version which match my room perfectly although Blaze on have quite the selection of colours in their star sun & moon section. These are basically lights covered with paper to give the light a softer feel and just give a really lovely effect at night. Between these and my candles I rarely feel the need for my bedroom light to be on and love the calming feel these give.
Currently these live on my bookshelf and give my stacks of books a new lease of life, in fact I'd go as far to say that it is now one of my favourite areas of my bedroom and is the one area I seem to get complements on time and time again. I've even had quite a few people ask where they're from!
While the price of these may seem a little steep, I am told that these have a life expectancy of up to 10 years or 100.000 hours, which is more than I can say for my £7.99 ones which are struggling after a year! They also claim to be 'extremely engery efficient' which is great for me as this will be my first time paying my own bills! I wish I could show you these displayed, but sadly my camera fails to capture the magic of these in the dark and my room is miles too dark in the day! So here is a close up of one of the pretty stars in action!
I'd highly recommend having a look at Blaze On's website, even if its just for inspiration as they have some stunning pictures on there! Although if these lights or anything else has caught your eye you can get £5 to spend over on Blaze On with the code STUDENT14 

10 comments:

  1. These are so adorable and I kind of want them now :') x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly get so many compliments on them too :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award and I would love it if you checked out my post and continued it yourself - my post is here http://www.justtilly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Thanks, Tilly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I love how night-time feel-y these are with the whole moon and stars motif!

    Now I want these!!! Xx

    LFA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get yourself some! They've added so much to my room! x

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! I have my eye out for lights- just in time for Christmas!
    Cat from OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would be fab for Christmas too :) x

      Delete