Friday 2 January 2015

The best of 2014

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (£8.99/30ml) - If there's one foundation I find myself recommending time and time again its this one from Revlon. In fact I'd even go as far as saying that this is my all time favourite, despite my pure hatred for the packaging (It's far too messy for my liking!). I love that this provides me with the coverage I look for in a foundation without any caking. I also love that it's pale enough to match my skin tone, somewhat of a rarity on the highstreet.  (To see my full review click here) 

Soap & Glory's Solar Powder (£11.00) - As a pale girl I've never been one for bronzers, but after reading such amazing reviews on this I had to give it a go. I simply swirl my brush around in this and use as a contour shade for a more defined look. Although like my favourite foundation, I have an issue with this products packaging! While the cardboard was enough for a good while, a years worth of travelling has been far too much for this product and the lid is hanging on by the skin of its teeth! (To see my full review click here)

Topshop Cream Blush in 'Head Over Heels' (£7.00) - It's hard to believe that such a vivid looking blush looking blush plays such a key role in my everyday 'natural' look. I simply stipple a this into my cheeks with a real techniques brush, and find it blends seamlessly into my skin. Unlike my favourites so far, I love the packing of this one! (To see my full review click here)
Younique Mascara* (£23/$29) -   I expect a lot of mascara and find that most disappoint me, so this was a refreshing change. Application is pretty easy, you simply coat your lashes with the transplanting gel, apply the fibers while the formula is still wet, then seal the deal by using the gel again. Never before have my eyelashes looked quite so impressive! (You can see them for yourself by reading the full review here)

Essence Eyeliner (£2.50) *  - I've always struggled with eyeliner, although this pen from Essence has made application a complete joy. If that's not enough it lasts all day too, without any from of smudging. Making it one of my best budget finds this year! (To see my full review click here)

Collection work the colour palette (£3.99) - I own my fair share of palettes although this happens to be my favourite! I find it's so easy to be other whelmed when you're given so many shades to work with although this product makes it easy and even gives users a handy how to! Fab for beginners (To see my full review click here)
Rio Nail Shimmer and sparkle set (£19.99) - I created one of my favourite nail looks with this kit so had to give it a mention in this post! While it may seem a little expensive you do get a fair bit for your money! (You can read more about this and see the finished look here) 

Maybelline bleached neons in 'coral heat' (£3.99) - It's rare that I wear a polish over and over again so I had to mention this one which barely left my nails last summer. I just love the colour and got so many complements on my nails whenever I had this on! (You can see my full review here)

Tools (Prices vary) - I did a very detailed brush post during the summer which you can see here. There haven't been many changes to the line up since that post went live, however I have also been enjoying the Real Techinque's Nic's picks collection in recent months and feel that they are worthy of this post too!

3 comments:

  1. Some great looking products here, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mascara, so good especially for those with short short lashes like me.
    Zeynab xx
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used the S&G powder many times its amazing! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete