Sunday 12 March 2017

Lifestyle | Why I'm glad I took a blogging break

I realised a while back that I've never really addressed my months of absence.  I never really intended on taking a 'blogging break', it was just a natural progression when I reached the final stages of my degree. Although If we're being completely honest I'm really bloody glad that I did.

Personally I have always adored blogging. That's why this page still exists five years later , although I've never allowed myself to be completely 'sucked in' by the community. Whilst earning my degree, I also had both a paid and voluntary job. I didn't have time to blog, If we're being completely honest I barely had time to bother with makeup!

So rather than pushing out crappy posts I had no interest in, I took a step back. My personal life will always come first, in the many months I was away, I picked up my grades by nearly a whole classification and spent a lot of time growing up. Fast forward a few more months, I've been working full time in an industry I love and I've just been accepted to study a teaching course at the university of my dreams.

I think for years there's been this misconception in the blogging world that to be a success you need to have a string of consistent content. While there's no denying that regular helps keeps audiences interested, I for one am sick of blogging having to be such a robotic thing. Rather than put out content I hate for the stake of consistency, I took time away. My blog didn't vanish and my followers didn't grow legs and walk away. I look back at my posts from the summer and am proud of that content - that is the type of blogger I aspire to be.

I took a massive blogging break, but I needed that to full back in love with blogging again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment