Sunday 26 March 2017

Three ways I ditched the daily hair wash and how you can do the same!

For as long as I can remember I've been an everyday hair washer. It was a habit my Mum had, so one I naturally picked up whilst growing up. However, when my boiler recently broke and washing my hair daily just wasn't an option. It made me really rethink this habit and just a month later I've gone from washing my hair daily to every 4-5 days. Here's how you can do the same!

1. I got the chop
Within a couple of days of realising my hot water wasn't returning any time soon I decided it was time for a trip to the hair dressers. It's crazy how getting rid of a few dead inches can transform your hair. Without any dead weight my hair is so bouncy, meaning the roots look lifted!

2. I found the right products for me
I've been using canned dry shampoo for years, but they never worked amazingly for me. I switched to baby powder a few months back and haven't ever looked back. Not only are the results amazing (my hair has made everyone in my household convert), the tub is sooo long lasting!

3. I had a restyle
Ok, so admittedly I just throw my hair back for work during the week. But I've found that switching my hair up can keep the grease at bay. The front of my hair gives a lot away, so If I'm getting to the end of the week I may give myself a more central parting.

2 comments:

  1. Baby powder is such a saviour! Does the job and doesn't break the bank!

    Love Katy @ The Rawrdrobe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so useful, I'm exactly the same! I hate that I have to wash my hair everyday so this has defo inspired me to give it a go!x

    ReplyDelete