Saturday 22 April 2017

Beauty | Barry M Lip Kit in Runway

Since lips became the 'in thing' lip kits have been popping up left, right and centre! Personally I've always found them to be over priced, so when high street brands started offering cheaper versions I knew I had to give one a ago. The much coveted Barry M lip Kits automatically took my fancy. Sadly these were only a limited edition offering sold in Boots and Superdrug, however Barry M have hinted at a restock so keep your eyes peeled! I only managed to get my hands on the darker of the three shades available, However I'm so glad I did! While I didn't expect to fall head over heels for 'Runway' It has become a 'go to' shade.
Each kit (priced at £6.99) contains a lip liner with a matching matte me up liquid lip paint. The limited edition range featured three shades; 'go to', 'pose' and 'runway'.  While I cant comment on the other two, I have found 'runway' to be of a wonderful quality. While initially I thought £6.99 was expensive for Barry M, These lip paints sell on their own for £4.99, so a lip liner thrown in for an extra £2 is pretty good going! 
I find the application to be really smooth, even when my lips are feeling a little dry! While it looks glossy on first application things really matt down and your left with a wonderful long lasting finish. I have received so many compliments on this colour! I can be a little wary of darker lip shades so love that this is a darker nude thats so easy to pull off!
If you're dying to give this a go and your local Boots or Superdrug has sold out, you could always try the Barry M single lip paints! They are the same formula as the ones featured in the kit and priced at £4.99 from selected retailers. 
Have you tried a lip kit yet? Which ones do I need to try next?

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cheaper version of lip kits! This colour looks stunning, can't believe I didn't pick this one up! Great post xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of this lippie and can't say no to affordable lippies.

    ❤️ www.TheBlushingPink.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a couple of these recently and I've been loving them!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty shade, love it x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of this! I heard so much about lip kits but never tried one x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete