Sunday 9 April 2017

Beauty|How I battle my tired undereyes

For as long as I can remember I've been conscious of my puffy under eyes. Add 50 hour weeks, and a stressful job to the mix and my under eye confidence is at an all time low. Whenever I see a photo of myself they're the first thing I'm drawn to and something I now find myself investing in. 
So over the years I've developed a few habits which I like to think help make a difference, including frequently using eye masks.  It took me a while to try these as I never really saw any budget alternatives, although recently they seem to be popping up everywhere, most recently I saw them in Primark! Although some of my favourites are these Purederm ones I found in Bodycare, which were just over a pound a pack for 4 pairs. I love that you can just pop these on and they stay put on the face, meaning I can go about my business without the inconvenience of them popping off! After my under eye area feels so nourished and refreshed! Well worth a try if you're a under eye sufferer like myself.
It goes without saying that eye cream can make the world of difference to your under eyes in the long term, but applied in the right way it can also help freshen things up for a short term fix. I make sure to apply my eye cream before my concealer to ensure things go on more smoothly. There are also a bunch of application techniques floating around - more recently I've been enjoying the Real Techniques Under Eye Reviver to give my cream a more cooling feel. It makes me feel more awake in the morning.
Once I've covered my under eyes in skincare treats, I conceal any signs of tiredness with concealer, Personally I like to use a creamy concealer first (my favourite is the NYX dark circle concealer), I then complete the look with a liquid one such as S&G Trick and treatment. I apply both of these with a sponge rather than a brush as I feel the technique provides more coverage.

Have you got any more tips to avoid tried/puffy eyes?

6 comments:

  1. I currently have a Garnier rollerball product that sits next to my sofa and I reach for it often to tackle my tired eyes.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing it!! :)

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your amazing tips! I really like using Laidbare's Pack Your Bags eye cream!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any eye masks and I know I should, great tips and loved hearing about your routine. The Real Techniques Under Eye Reviver sounds like a must-have, thank you for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post couldn't have come sooner, my eyes are constantly tired looking but I love more than nothing slapping a heap of concealer under them haha!

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly what I need right now...I have the worst undereye bags. Great post and thanks for sharing!

    The Blushing Pink

    ReplyDelete