Saturday 21 June 2014

Essence Stays no matter what eye pencil & shadow

I'm having a tiny bit of an love affair with Essence right now, but its just so refreshing to see such an extensive range of products from a budget brand. Today I'm going to be showing you these Stays no matter what eye pencil & shadow sticks*. I was originally introduced to these by the make up artist doing my make up at the Essence event, she used the purple shade on my eyes and insisted I try the other three. 
I have four shades; Gorgeous Grey, Cute Copper, Green Garden and Powerful Purple. All four come in the same crayon style packaging meaning they can be used as either an eyeliner or a shadow. I love that this corresponds to the shade of eye pencil inside meaning its super easy to find the one I want.
While trying these eye pencils out I found that they weren't the easiest shadows to blend, and once the eyeshadow has set there's no moving it. To be honest I regard this as a good thing, as this kind of formula means the shadow was both crease free and long lasting in my eyelids. With these facts in mind, I would say these are more ideal as an eyeliner or as a block of colour, although I have used the bronze shade to contour the eye over a creamer base and it gave a really lovely finish. I also think they would work wonderfully as a base for power eyeshadows.
These pencils give a really accurate application and would be great for traveling as there's no brushes required, although if you wanted a less intense look you could always smudge the product before it sets with your finger.
These are just £2.49 each from Essence which personally I think is great for a product which is super pigmented and long lasting product. Have you tried Essence make up yet?

4 comments:

  1. These are so pigmented for the price! I particularly like the look of gorgeous grey and green garden, I'd have to be feeling a bit more brave to wear the purple but it seems really pretty too!

    Saida xx
    saidacane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all lovely shades, Personally I think the bronze is my favourite though as it has a little more wearability about it xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've never heard of this brand, looks so lovely!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just about to launch in the UK, Should be in Wilko very soon :) xx

      Delete