Sunday 29 June 2014

June non-beauty favourites

Despite the fact that non-beauty favourite posts are one of my favourite kinds of posts to read, I've never actually posted my own! So I figured June would be the perfect time to start as I've had so much more free time meaning I'm able to take the time to read and watch way too many films again!

Primark London themed make up bag (£3.00) - The first favourite I'm going to talk about is this amazing find from Primark! I absolutely adore the pattern and just had to pop it in my basket. For six months out of the year I live away (and miss) London, so figured this would be such a lovely addition to my room away from home! It's also a really great size, and quite a bargain buy at £3!

Primark Watermelon Candle (£1.50) - As you can see from the picture I haven't even burned this yet, although it is so adorable that I don't know if I ever will to be honest! I just love the look of it and had to share it with you guys as I love having it on my bedside table. I've even had my Mum asking if I can pick her up one next time I visit Primark!

H&M Necklace (£3.99)- I've spoken about this necklace before here. I just love it and find it always seems to be around my neck as it goes with everything.. I may even buy a back up one in case anything ever happens to it!

H&M iPhone case (£2.00) - I was so happy with this bargain find in my local H&M. It just does the job and I really like the pattern.
The Fault in our stars by John Green (£4.00) - I wont go on about this for two long because a) I'm rubbish at describing books without spoiling the story and b) this is everywhere at the moment so if you want to know more about the story itself I'd recommend giving it a quick google. I was a huge fan of this book and found it so easy to read. In fact I finished it on the same day I started which hasn't happened to me in a long long time. I did also see the film on Wednesday, but I have to admit while I preferred the book although I do love that the humour throughout the book was transferred onto screen.  I'd recommend this to anyone, because although at times this is such a heartbreaking story, the book itself is so unbelievably heart warming and you cant help but fall in love with all of the characters I think the quote on the front of this from Markus Zusak sums this book up the best 'You laugh, you cry and then you come back for more'.

The Silver Linings Playbook Book (£3.85) & DVD (£5.00) - I found this book slightly harder to read from the previous, although as I got closer to the ending I just couldn't put it down, in fact I loved the overall story that much that on the same day I walked to my nearest supermarket especially to pick up the DVD. Admittedly they have very different endings but I really enjoyed them both. This is such just beautiful story about the main characters Pats return into society, after a stay at the 'bad place' while the reasons for this stay remain a mystery in the book, watchers are pretty much automatically given this which annoyed me a little. But never the less I loved reading about this characters journey to self discovery and would highly recommend giving it a read.

Apps - I got my ipad a around a month ago now and still cant put it down, I've had an iphone for years, although I pretty much have no memory left so apps had become a thing of the past, so its great to be able to use them again! Lately I've been loving a bunch of apps such as Spotify which I always have on while getting ready (I'm currently addicted to the Fault in our stars soundtrack). I'm also loving the games the app store has to offer and have developed an unhealthy addiction to sims! I never had it when I was younger so I'm making up for it now!

So there you have it, everything I've been loving this month! To be honest I didnt expect to get so carried away with this post (in fact I had to try and shorten it!). What have you been loving this month?

6 comments:

  1. I really wanted to read A fault in our starts, but I have a feeling I'm too emotionally unstable hahaha! I cry at every bloody thing! :(

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Fault in Our Stars (and a few other John Green books). I sobbed my way through most of the film! But I do agree that the humour carried over well onto the screen, which was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the few films that I will eventually watch again :) x

      Delete
  3. I want to read the fault in our stars but I know I'll end up bawling!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a lovely book, I'd highly recommend giving it ago :) x

      Delete