Saturday 7 June 2014

Essence Blogger Launch

Last weekend myself and Angelica had the pleasure of attending an Essence Blogger event, which only made me more excited about the budget friendly brands launch in the United Kingdom. I've heard so much about these guys from other bloggers in the past, so I'm ecstatic that we can now pick their products up nationwide in Wilkinson's from July.
Before last week I really didn't realise just how extensive Essence's range of products was.. they literally stock everything with a pretty impressive shade range too! But I think the thing I was most blown away with was the price point, I knew they were a budget brand before although I didn't realise just how amazing the products were for the price point!
We got a chance to try out the products the brand had to offer, The Essence girls were also on hand to tell to help and demonstrate how to use particular products.
One of the lovely product developers Patricia was around to show us her favourite products, she also recommend a bunch of products she thought I would love which was really helpful given the sheer amount of products Essence have to choose from.
Although the majority of our time was spent talking nails, and being taught how to use the Essence gels at home by the amazing Laure, we also met one of our new favourite people Rachel here. Like everything else, I was once again I was amazed with the price point of the gel at home kit, and adored the fact that you could use normal polishes from the range which retail at £1.59 along side the base and top coat to create a range of gel nail looks rather than spending a silly amount on just one which has been designed to be a gel polish.
The steps to create your desired look were very simple, although i know I'll be reviewing this soon so I wont say too much in this post!
Once our nails were complete I got my make up done by Nadira, who pulled me away from my comfort zone, and used some brighter shades on my eyes, While I cant say I'll be sporting purple eyeshadow everyday it definitely made me consider brighter shades on a night out. Like everyone, she was also really lovely, and just as amazed by some of the products as I was.
Lastly we were whisked away from the event to the White City Westfield where we were given a sneak preview of the new stand which opened as of Monday, How they've managed to cram so much into one stall is beyond me and its well worth a look if you're in the area! All in all I had a wonderful day, and would like to say a massive Thank you to Essence! Not only were Essence girls so so lovely, I was totally overwhelmed by there generosity. You can expect to see a load of Essence reviews coming your way as I am so impressed with this brand! Lastly a big Thanks to LFA, for letting me steal a few pictures in this post while my camera was playing up - You're a star!

6 comments:

  1. This looks great - I love essence products too, although unfortunately we don't seem to have quite that many products available here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'w a shame! From what I can make out, while all of these products wont be stocked nationwide, there's a massive selection for those who can make it to one of their stands here :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love essence products every time I go shopping I come home with something of theirs, they have so much. I suppose its a very clever idea to have their stands in supermarkets haha would love to give them gel nails a try looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already in love after owning some of their products for just a week! The gel at home kit is wonderful, what's more the lamp is under £20 and other products you need for such as top and base coats are around £2.50 - miles cheaper than other brands! Xx

      Delete
  3. I have been a fan of Essence products a long time now! Their quality is great, especially for a low budget company! My next addition to my Essence collection is the Gel at Home kit! New follower from bblogers Blog Hop.Really like your blog!

    You can find me at http://justabitofall.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to finally have them in the uk!! And I have to agree, still in shock over some of the prices! Xx

      Delete