Sunday 25 August 2013

LIB Collections Editor's Picks box

Back to normal posts today which I'm really excited about, I've never really had a blogging 'routine' although I have always tried to post at least once every other day and miss it when I'm unable to so. I was having a nose on Latest in Beauty the other day and spotted that they had a new Editors picks box which happened to fall into my basket so today I figured I'd show you guys what I got in the box because at £12.95 (including postage) I thought it was great value.
Bella Pierre eyeshadow in Celebration (full size worth £12.99) - This alone covers the price of the whole box which is pretty impressive. To be honest I already own one of these which has been forgotten about until now, but now that I have two I'm going to make an effort to use them and get a review up for you guys. I got the shade Celebration which is a lovely bronzy shade that I look forward to trying.

The Vintage Cosmetic Company shadow brush (full size worth £7.00) - I've been wanting to try something from the vintage cosmetic company for a while now, although personally I do feel that £7 for a single brush is a little pricey when you can get a RT set for under £20 if you shop around. With that in mind this feels lovely and I'm happy to have it in my collection, I look forward to trying it with my new eyeshadow!
Benefit they're real mascara (3g sample size worth £6.88) - I love this stuff, although parting with £19.50 for a 8.5g tube isn't something I find easy so I'm happy to have yet another mini tube in my collection. It just leaves your lashes looking great and doesnt budge all day. Although to be honest I dont understand why benefit has changed the Mini versions, pevoiusly minis were 4g and resembled the shape of a full sized tube.

Mirenesse Velvet mini lip moisture shine (1.5g worth $12.95/£8.32) -  I wasn't expecting this to be so expensive! They even have a bigger size version on the website that retails for nearly $40! I'm not too sure what the shade of this is called one but it feels great on and I love the colour so its a winner in my book!

Mavala nail colour in Rouge Rubis (5ml worth £4.00) - Again this a a product from a brand I've never tried, I love the shade and the fact that the bottle is pretty small as I struggle to finish nail polishes!
Nspa Melting Cleansing Gel (Full size worth £6) - I'm always hearing about Nspa but haven't been lucky enough to try any of their products yet. Despite the latest in beauty website advertising a 30ml sample size I actually got a 125ml tube of this stuff which was a lovely bonus. Although at the moment I have a load of products I'm trying to use up before I move to uni next month so will be taking this unopened bottle with me to use when I get there.

Eve Lom Rescue Mask (15ml sample worth £10.50) - This is a product from yet another brand I've wanted to try for a while now. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it smells an awful lot like Out of trouble from Origins so I look forward to trying!
Nicky Clarke instant calmer (30ml sample worth £3.60) - I don't think I've ever tried anything from Nicky Clarke so I'm excited to try this as I'm one of those people that has to put product in my hair after washing. I love the smell too!

Yardley English Rose (full size worth £2.49) - To be honest I'm not a huge fan of rose so this is the thing I'm least excited about. Not too sure what I'll do with this although I will most likely pass it on to someone else.

As London Candle - I have no idea what this last one is worth since there seems to be nothing like it in the As website although judging by their other products I'm guessing its expensive. I'm not too fond of the smell although hopefully I'll prefer it once it's burning.


Overall when you consider that this box is worth a grand total of £61.78 (based on the price of full sized products) even without the price of the candle i think this is a great bargain. Especially because I will use pretty much all of the products. What's your opinion on beauty boxes?

2 comments:

  1. The 3g size of They're Real isn't the one you could buy individually having changed, it's the size that came in the sets like Bronze of Champions :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know lovely, I wonder why they put the 3g ones in rather than the actual minis!xx

      Delete