Wednesday 17 July 2013

DIY two ingredient facemasks!

 A while back I was contacted by Ecomarket.com a great little site with a load of Eco friendly products for sale. They offered me a recipe for a DIY face mask which not only looked stupidly easy to make, it also contained just two ingredients which help to keep things really cheap.
All you have to do is take two tablespoons of oats along with one banana and mash them together, you can also add other things depending on your individual needs such as adding honey for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial powers. Once mashed you simply apply to the face with your fingers - this can be a little tricky at first although personally I found the best method was simply to pat on. I half expected this to just fall off although once in place the mask simply stayed put and started to stiffen after around five minutes. 
I left this on for around fifteen minutes and then washed off to reveal more moisturised and healthy looking skin, It will definitely be a while before I splash out on an expensive mask again! Whats makes this even better is that you literally need the smallest amount, I had loads of mask left over. I really want to thank Eco Market for this idea, I really cant wait to create more masks! Although if you're a little lazy you may want to take a look at their range of organic masks, I personally have my eye on this Berry Blast one - It sounds yummy!

Have you ever tried DIY masks?

2 comments:

  1. seems like an amazing mask! I've heard that oats are amazing exfoliants which is perfect for my dry skin needs :)
    thanks for sharing!

    Eve x | ChantellEve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete