Monday 8 August 2016

Five years of favourites..

So today marks five years of blogging for me, which is bizarre to say the least. I've owned this blog since I had just left school at 16 and now I'm 21 and a fully fledged grown up (kinda of!).
I've reviewed and loved so many products over the years, so I thought it would be nice to share with you ten I thought were the best of the best and truly worth a try! So here are ten of my favourite products from other the years (I tried to do five for five but that was way too hard). If you want to learn more about a product just click the link to take you to the full review.
 1. Rimmel Stay matte Powder - If it wasnt for blogging I'd have no idea about the cult classic. This just gets the job done and makes my makeup last without that caked on look. I hate the packaging though, my lid is currently in around three pieces! 

2.Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - Whenever I get asked for foundation recommendations I find myself coming back to this. I just love it on my skin and find that it looks so natural on. Although again on a side note I hate the packaging.. I need a pump in the morning!

3. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Another product I discovered thanks to blogger. Why waste money on expensive brands when this beauty covers everything!

4. Soap and Glory Solar Powder - This is without doubt my favourite ever bronzer! Prior to this I found bronzer so scary, I have extremely pale skin so thought they'd make me look terrible, but this beauty just works for me. I would use this daily if it wasnt for the terrible packaging.. Serouisly the lid is no longer attached to the product! Although, I will point out that S&G have since changed the packaging, if only rimmel and Revelon could follow suit!
5. Topshop Cream Blush -  This was the first cream blush I ever tried, and the only one I'm always still reaching for, despite the scary looking shade this looks so so natural on!

6. Younique 3D Fiber Lashes - I feel like this is one of those products everyone rolls there eyes at because its so promoted on social media but it honestly works better than anything I've ever tried (just click the link and look at my results!)

7. Rimmel Kate matte Lipstick - Shade 103 will always be my go to shade, I've actually nearly used this up which is unheard of for me and my far too many products!

8. Maybelline Babylips - To clarify I don't think these are the best product ever, but they're so easy to wear and fun! It's because of this I end up wearing these most so I thought they deserved a mention. If you're less confident with lip colours these are well worth a try!
9. Real Techniques Buffing Brush - Real Techniques had to be mentioned in this post! I was new to brushes before my blog and now I have more then I care to count! This is my most reached for brush and does a lovely job!

10. Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser - I thought I should mention a skincare favourite and this has been one of my favourites over the years. I love this more than the Liz Earle alternative everyone raves about!

So there you have it, the best of the best products I've featured over these five years! What would your top ten be?!

7 comments:

  1. I love Solar Powder, it's one of my favourite bronzers too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on hitting 5 years, dear! I really admire people who can actively blog since I myself am really prone on writer blog, hope you have amazing blogging year ahead!

    I just can't wait until local Soap & Glory also stock their makeup, their bronzer and powder is something I've always heard nothing but good thing about.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real Technique brushes are so soft on the face.I love them!
    Great picks!
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on five years! real techniques are my fave brushes as well :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, 5 years? I love that you've continued for so many years, good on you! I'm going on 3 years and am still learning a lot everyday. I love Rimmel Stay Matte powder too, I don't use much powder because I have dry skin but that has been my go-to for years.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great round up, hun! I'm seeing so many of my favourites here, which is amazing - that Rimmel powder especially is absolutely amazing, and so affordable! Thanks for sharing, lovely. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice!! thanks for sharing these products!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete