Wednesday 31 August 2016

New | Real Techniques Miracle Sponges

NEW FROM REAL TECHNIQUES
Being a huge Real Techniques fan, I could not wait to try their latest Miracle sponges. The Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge (£5.99) in particular is unlike any other sponge I've ever encountered. Designed to Contour with 'a large side for control' and highlight 'with a small side for precision', I expected to love this. I adore the way its shaped and thought it would be a wonderful idea.  
real techniques sculpting sponge
Initially I tried this sponge wet with my bronzer, although I found it tricky to pick up any product from my contour kit, This didn't improve when I tried it the next day wet. In theory I could simply use my fingers to put the product in place but for me that kills the idea of using a makeup tool. Quite frankly, I don't think its worth the extra effort anyway as the sponge didn't blend my contour that well anyway - I'd rather just use a brush!
real techniques scupting spongeHowever, in a surprising twist the smaller side does a rather fab job at picking up and applying my highlighter! I'm not sure that alone was enough to justify £6, and I'm tempted to attempt use for foundation in the future.
real techniques mini eraser sponges
After the disappointment of the sculpting sponge, I hoped these 2 Miracle Mini Eraser Sponges  (£5.99) could restore my hope in real techniques. I've been wanting to try some smaller sponges for my under eye area for a while now so was hoping these would get the job done. I have tried these both wet and dry and have found that unlike the sculpting sponge, they do I wonderful job at blending my concealer and clean up well. I also love that you get two for your money! However I will note that I have recently discovered the Primark Mini sponges which essentially do the same job (and are £2.50 for 4!)
real techniques mini earser sponges
So there you have it my thoughts on the Miracle sponges collection from Real techniques, I have to say after loving the original sponge I'm disappointed with this collection!
Have you tried either of these products?

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of the RT sponges, but I absolutely love their brushes!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame they aren't as good as the originals, I hate that!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the original sponge but I'm not sure I'll be trying these. Shame that they aren't as good
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great review! I absolutely love their original miracle complexion sponge but the one thing I found difficult with it was blending in my under eyes concealer as the end just wasn't narrow enough to get right in there. These mini eraser sponges seem like the perfect solution to that - i'll have to pick them up. Another great post, am absolutely loving your blog girly!
    Holly :) x | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete