Saturday 18 May 2013

MUA undress your skin Highlighter


I was really excited to see Superdrug were having a 3 for 2 deal last week as they stock some of my favourite brands including MUA. I spent just £6 and walked away with two Maybelline polka dot polishes and this highlighter from MUA. I'll be honest in saying that I only own one other 'drugstore' highlighter as generally I find a lack of them on the highstreet - although other the years a couple of more high end ones have made their way into my handbag so this budget friendly highlighter had some heavy competition.
Firstly I have to comment on how lovely this looks in the pan, I think MUA have done a great job at competing with similar products which retail for around ten times the price in terms of looks. While some may argue that the plastic packaging cheapens the look of the highlighter, I think its sturdy enough and therefore does its job. I didn't really know what to expect from the product itself, but I was pleasantly surprised. Using my Real Techniques Contour brush I apply this to the top of my cheekbones and find it leaves a lovely subtle glow with lasts most of the day.
Overall I think this is a lovely product which would make a great addition to anyone's make up bag - retailing at just £3 its a steal!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so annoyed because this is sold out on the website and my superdrug doesn't stock it!!!
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this highlighter, I think it looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems to love this highlighter I need to try it! It looks gorgeous in the pan and I love how it's more of an ivory/beige than white shimmer :)

    Stacey| Beautiful Solutions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It think the colour helps make it look more natural on the skin - worth a try! xx

      Delete
  4. I've actually been eyeing this! Thanks so much it looks so gorgeous, MUA is cruelty free right? I've been looking for a dupe for my MAC mineralize one. x x

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They state here that they are http://www.muastore.co.uk/ingredients which I think is amazing for a budget brand xx

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing this everywhere - really need to get hold of it! Beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove this highlighter!! :) I've just came across your blog and have followed using GFC :)

    I've just started a 'budget' beauty blog, would be great if you'd like to check it out (and give any tips!) :) > Beauty and the Bargain

    Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. really need to try this out looks fab!
    http://fashionprint101.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete