Saturday 29 June 2013

June Empties

 Despite travelling I seem to have collected a fair few empties in what has felt like such a short month. I'm glad that June is almost behind me and I'm looking forward to the two months and two whole weeks that I have left ahead of me before I hopefully begin my universty life. It's hard to believe that just a month ago I was about to start three of the most important exams I will ever sit in my life, and even harder to believe that my college life is (hopefully) over forever.
 First up at the start of the month I finished one of my favourite body lotions, Vaseline's essential moisture in cocoa radiant. It's great value for money (often half price in Superdrug) and does a great job and nourishing the skin which is all you can ask for in a moisturiser really. I also finished a few travel sized moisturisers in the form of The Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter, Weleda's Sea Buckthorn body lotion and Jergen's Ultra Healing body moisturiser. My favourite of the three has to be the strawberry body butter which smells amazing and leaves the skin feeling lovely. I also enjoyed the Weleda sample which really hydrated the skin however I'm not a huge fan of the strong citrus smell so wouldn't pick this up again. Lastly in my travel bag was the Jergens sample which didn't wow me, I guess it was an average body moisturiser. I don't really buy into body firming gels but this one was a pound in the Boots clearance and when you see S&G for a pound you grab it and run for the till! I cant say I noticed much of a change, I just enjoyed the cooling effect it has on sunnier days (because occasionally in England it gets warm!)
I'm not really one for including deodorants in these sorts of posts because to be honest I find them boring. But i figured I'd throw this travel sized mini in as I'm guessing a few of you will be jetting off on holiday soon and I wanted to point out that these mini bottles last a whole week which I think is pretty good (I'm also tempted to pick one up for my bag!). I have a strange relationship with Original source's Mint & tea tree shower gel, I think that's manly down to the fact I brought it in the winter - Big mistake! This stuff is so refreshing it literally leaves your skin feeling so cool, Amazing in the summer although not so great when it's snowing outside. I was expecting big things from this Molton Brown shower gel and while I liked the product itself I wasn't a big fan of the smell. Finally I used this Tresemme masque when I was away and honestly didn't notice a huge difference in my hair.
I really like this N07 eye make up remover although unless brought with a £5 off voucher there are so many cheaper alternatives I'd rather buy, and to be honest I don't tend to use eye make up remover too much as I find a cleansing water is enough for me. I managed to use up my Collection 2000 concealer and was quick to buy another as I think it does a fantastic job. Finally I finished this Loccitane hand cream and am keen to try another since this lasted so long!


2 comments:

  1. I love Original Source shower gels, my fave is actually a mens sport one- black pepper and sea salt :)

    ReplyDelete