Sunday 23 June 2013

Scotland..

As you may have been able to tell from my travel bag posts I was away last week, and I am absolutely gutted to be home after what seems like just a few days. Originally my family comes from a little village in Scotland which is miles away from the city life I lead in London. I half expected to be bored by the village life, the lack of Internet access and sheer amount of grass around, but I honestly loved every moment of it and was so sad when it came to catching my flight home. I had a lovely time visiting my family, and the weather was amazing up until the last couple of days.So I figured I'd show you guys a couple of snaps I took while there.
After a dull Saturday arrival the last thing I expected to be doing Sunday was visiting the beach! The beaches near my house are terrible compared to this, On a sunny day there isn't a square of the beach not filled so it was refreshing to see such a lovely one not full to the brim! 
I snapped this picture near to the beach because I thought the building was lovely, I'm not to sure If it was a town hall but it was really nice to go around the garden and read all of the monuments while treating myself to my new favourite ice cream combo - White chocolate and nutella!
Despite being Scottish I don't think I've ever actually visited a castle which all changed when we took a trip to Culzean. We actually went on a tour around the castle with some unamused looking (and annoying) students since my step nan loves history although I couldn't get any pictures since photography wasn't allowed.
In the same place were some lovely gardens which really showed off how beautiful the weather was, It's hard to believe some of these were taken in Scotland!
I have no idea what the hut below is, I just thought it looked great with the backdrop!
I also had to get a photo of this lovely little village which I believe is called Stratton, we took a walk  through here and were amazed by how quiet it was.
My last two photos along with the first image come from a place called Loch Doon, where apparently as a 'wee boy' my Grandad would camp - Believe me you get all the stories when he's had a drink!
My camera could honestly never do this place justice, It was beautiful despite the clouds.
I've had such a wonderful week, and would encourage anyone who hasn't already to visit Scotland, while it cant always promise you 24 hour cabs and a constant phone signal the small things are simply worth giving up for the breathtaking views.

8 comments:

  1. Where about a were you? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely and peaceful!
    www.nailthelook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I had such a headache when I got home haha xx

      Delete
  3. I've lived in Ayrshire for over 10 years now, I've explored other parts of Scotland more than I have here which is a shame really cos your pics are lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful place, you're so lucky to live there! And thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. aw your pictures make Scotland look really beautiful :) I'm from Scotland and sometimes I forgot how pretty the countryside is


    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Its a wonderful place. Where I live any spare grass seems to be built on so its great to see so much untouched land xx

      Delete