Sunday 30 June 2013

June Favourites

 The more I blog, The more expensive my favourites seem to get. I started out with the best intentions of being a 'budget' blog - although sometimes you've just got to treat yourself hints the not so budget friendly products which have made there way into this post this month.

Superdrug Coconut and Shea butter body butter- I loved this so much that I picked up the Mango & Papaya version on my latest shopping trip, I just think for the price they're billiant and you can read my full review here.

St Ives Scrub- I think St Ives do the best facial scrubs on the market, although recently I've been trying to use up the other few I have which are rubbish when compared. Luckily when I went away for the week I picked up this mini for around a pound and have been loving it, I'm even tempted to give the scrubs I have away and just buy myself another full sized version of this.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir- I got this in my Selfrigdes Summer Beauty box, and have used it twice a day since. To be honest its one of those products I've always wanted to try, but I didnt necessary think I'd like since its something that is really over hyped which generally means I find myself having higher expectations. I do think this is a handy little product however once this is finished I may try using my Botanics Organic Rosewater toner in the same way, because quite franky I don't think nearly a tenner is worth it for just 30ml of product despite loving using it and the luxury look of the bottle.

Bioderma- Yet another over hyped product I kind of didn't want to like but I ended up loving. I was shopping in Oxford street and went on a mission to find John Bell & Croyden, originally I was going to buy the small bottle but they didnt have any left and I couldn't let that hard work go to waste so walked away with this 250ml bottle for £10, I kind of regret not picking up the 500ml bottle for just £4.50 more. Judging by the amount I've used so far I'm guessing in total I'll have around 3 months from this bottle which isnt bad at all considering I'd spend that anyway. But I'm going to stop there because I may just post a full review of this soon.
Rimmel Stay Matte powder - I finally brought this a couple of weeks ago and I'm not regretting it one bit! This and my Japonesque 933 powder brush are like the dream team, and it just goes to show that the highstreet are increasingly giving more expensive brands a run for there money - expect a full review very soon.

Seche Vite Top coat - This post is quickly becoming the hyped product favourite eddition. But when this was down to just over £4 on Amazon I had to buy it. I'm just a sucker for a offer, I'm so glad I caved and brought it as this top coat is great and yet another product I see myself reviewing soon.

Sally Hansen Natural Nail Growth Revitalizer - Lately my nails have been so much healthier and it wasn't until I thought about it earlier that I realised this is the only new thing I've started using in between painting my nails. I'm amazed by how strong my nails now feel and I don't think I've broke a single nail since I started using this.

Revlon Babystick in Tahitian - Despite reading so many bad reviews, I really like this product and will put up a blog post soon because I honestly think it deserves more credit than its getting. Okay it's not the most pigmented product in the world but I think it's so wearable and great product for anyone starting out in make up.
I thought that I would start talking about my digital/online favourites of the month just because I always have so many things I want to share with you guys and I know not everyone catches every tweet/blog post I make. Firstly this month (like everyother) I've been loving Fragrance Direct, and even posted a haul  - Essie for £1.99 and other amazing discounts, what's not to love?! Secondly I had to mention The Body Shops amazing online sale (and thank Jenny who left a comment telling me about it!)  Using the code EXTRATREAT I got this body butter which is still available for just £3 and two eyeshadows for £1.50 each making my order just £6.00 including shipping! Lastly on the shopping side of things Internationale's sale got even better and I may have placed an order for the second time this month including this Oatmeal jumper, this Ivory jumper, and this cute top all for just £14. Sizes are pretty limited now but they still have a wide range of stuff available if you fancy a nosey. 

Finally I wanted to mention this Ps Beauty Foundation Finder, normally with these types of things they only cover one website/brand so its great to see a foundation finder which covers such a wide range of brands, shades and formulas. I actually got the chance to speak one of the lovely girls working for the brand who told me that they will be developing more of these tools which I'm genuinely excited for since I think its great to be matched to a product rather than buying something which is over hyped and might not necessarily work for you like it does for other people.

So there you have it everything I've been loving this month. What are your June favourites?

Bloglovin/Twitter/GFC 

3 comments: