Wednesday 12 June 2013

My new baby!

I don't know what it is about this house, but laptops don't seem last five minutes before they some how break. I've had my own laptop in the past, It was the one that I set this blog up with and it latest me a good while. Although after being sent for repair twice and replacing the charger countless time I just decided I was spending more than the thing was worth and when the charging port finally gave up I just stopped using it altogether. As a house the laptop problems are endless. We had an Acer one which would have probably have been the longest lasting one, If my sister hadn't thrown it at me in temper.. and don't even get me started on the amount of Dells we've been through. Its not a coincidence that everyone of those packed up after charging issues! So when It came to my birthday and my Grandad offered to by me my very own laptop I jumped at the chance to not spend three hours to make the charger work and finally blog from a keyboard which has all of its keys! (The things I go through for you guys!)
We went for the Acer Aspire V5-531 which for the price is great, Not only is it slim and stupidly light - It also has a built in disc drive which means my Gossip Girl boxsets wont go to waste when I hopefully move to university next year! I know this is a different sort of post but I'm so chuffed with my new laptop, even if windows 8 is taking some getting used to! In other news I have just a couple of days left until my last exam which has been my focus for the past week, I hope you guys understand and any emails should be answered by this Friday!

What do you guys make of my new laptop? 

8 comments:

  1. Good choice, I like Acer they do last xD I hate win8 though, I tried but, couldn't get used so went back to my win7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I really like this one so i'd be gutted if it ended up like the others! Its annoying me but I think it looks so much better so I'm trying to get used to it! xx

      Delete
  2. It's beauuutiful! :) I hope it lasts you a loooong time.

    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little tip (I used to work in a computer store!) - don't leave your laptop plugged in at the mains if your battery is full. Just use it until the battery runs empty then charge it again etc etc - the battery loses its ability to charge if it is overcharged :) If you do want to leave it plugged in at the mains while using it, just pop the battery out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've only ever seemed to have the problem with Dells though which seems odd to me! xx

      Delete
  4. It looks very Mac-esque, I need to get a new laptop (the fan on this one is buggered)so I will have to have a look at this one :)

    www.hazelmaex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend it, I think its a bargain :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I switched to Acer and have since convinced everyone around me to get an Acer.. :D

    ATA|All Things Anita.. please give me some feedback on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete